The Metro Taxi Community
Where We Are Now
In a recent decision, the Connecticut DOT denied the permits that are necessary for Metro Taxi of West Haven and The Yellow Cab Co. of Bloomfield to expand our service and licensed territory. The permits would have facilitated our ability to purchase 140 wheelchair-accessible taxis through a U.S. Dept. of Energy grant. Read More About our DOT Roadblock »
The DOT's decision obstructs a large population's ability and freedom to work and socialize spontaneously as everyone else, and can only be perceived as an affront to Connecticut's disability community, their families, friends and colleagues. Having only three wheelchair-accessible taxis in a state of 3.5 million, shamefully shows how far Connecticut trails behind in what people with disabilities value most - equality and 24/7 accessibility.
Where We Are Going
Wheelchair-Accessible/CNG Taxi Service Initiative
Our goal is to provide equal-access transportation. That means new freedom for people with mobility disabilities 24/7. Metro Taxi Accessible Service has an extensive service area so Greater New Haven Transit District passengers will be able to travel beyond current GNHTD boundaries.
Technology Is Growing...
Our customers appreciate our backseat credit card touch-screen technology.
In fact, our Metro Taxi cash-less cab rides utilizing our suite of debit cards, as well as major credit cards, have increased more than 500 percent.
You don't need cash to take a Metro Taxi!
Where We've Been
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow
Metro Taxi Representatives Roseanne Marsico (left), Lisa Aponte (far right) and Amy Hunihan assist State of Connecticut Veterans' Service Officer Ramone Agosto in distributing coats, jackets and other winter-wear to veterans and members of Bridgeport's Disabililty Community. As part of our annual holiday clothing drive, once again, the Metro Taxi Team donated winter clothing to help keep our Bridgeport neighbors warm.
Metro Taxi Goes Au Natural
A Sept. 26 ribbon-cutting at West Haven-based Metro Taxi celebrated the city's first public access compressed natural gas (CNG) fueling station.
From left to right are State Senator Toni Harp, U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal, Metro Taxi Vice President Isabelle Scalzi, Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro, House Majority Leader Brendan Sharkey, Director of New Haven's Department for Persons with Disabilities Michelle DuPrey, Clean Energy CEO Andrew Littlefair, West Haven Mayor John Picard, Clean Energy Business Development Manager Brian Perrone, Metro Taxi President and CEO Bill Scalzi and Clean Energy Vice President Mark Klein. This event debuted Metro Taxi Accessible Service, the state's first wheelchair-accessible, CNG-powered taxicab.
Clean Energy built the CNG station at Metro Taxi's headquarters on 65 Industry Drive. It is part of the Connecticut Clean Cities Future Fuels Project, the largest public/private partnership in the state's history, working together under nearly $13.2 million of funding from a U.S. Department of Energy Grant, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Metro Taxi's fuel station will serve anyone in the public operating a CNG vehicle.
MyTV9 Star Rides the Metro Taxi Cash Cab!
Watch as Angela Campion puts on her thinking cap to win cash while she rides!
This popular Metro Taxi Cash Cab pro-mercial won a Silver Award by ProMax, the international association for entertainment and marketing professionals, June 2011 in Las Vegas!
Metro Taxi continues to play an active role in the many communities it serves by sponsoring neighborhood events, youth sports teams, holiday toy drives and supporting communities and educational initiatives. No different from our business hours, for us, the giving season is all year long; 24/7.
- Abilities Without Boundaries
- Albertus Magnus College
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- Americans with Disabilities Act Coalition of Connecticut
- Bridgeport Rescue Mission
- Bridgeport's Veterans Support Center
- Community Health Network of Connecticut
- Columbus House
- Connecticut Folk Festival & Green Expo
- The Connecticut Food Bank
- Easter Seals Connecticut
- Farnam Neighborhood House, Inc.
- Fisher House
- Go Red for Women for the American Heart Association
- Greater New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade Committee
- Greater Bridgeport Transit
- Kennedy Center's Regional Mobility Management Project
- Liberty Community Service
- Mercy Center at Madison
- National Day of Giving for the Disaster Relief Fund
- New Haven Home Recovery
- New Haven Police Emerald Society
- Southern Connecticut State University
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure Connecticut
- The Spinal Cord Injury Association Connecticut Chapter
- St. Jude's Children's Hospital
- Tommy Fund
- University of New Haven
- VA Connecticut Healthcare System's West Haven campus
- The Wallingford Family YMCA/ Wint Filipek Sr. Memorial Tennis Tournament
- Whittingham Cancer Center
- Workplace, Inc.
- Yale Gynecologic Oncology
Metro Taxi was once again proud to be a corporate sponsor of the 2012 St. Patrick's Day Parade.
Why Metro Taxi Is Rated "Best!"
- Metro Taxi has a values-based leadership ethic. We are business leaders and community contributors.
- Metro Taxi is Connecticutâ€™s most technologically-advanced, reliable, full-service taxi company.
- Metro Taxi's same-digit phone numbers make it easy for customers to contact us whenever they need transportation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Metro Taxi's computer dispatch system uses GPS tracking, minimizing customer wait-times.
- Metro Taxi's Customer Service Department features a state-of-the-art telecommunications system to enhance communication between customers, service reps and drivers.
- Metro Taxi routinely checks weather and traffic conditions to inform our drivers of the safest and most direct routes.
- Metro Taxi is Connecticutâ€™s first taxi company to use in-vehicle security cameras for passenger and driver safety.
- Metro Taxi operates wheelchair-accessible cabs to provide equal transportation access for all.
- Metro Taxi offers a suite of charge and debit cards for any transportation need or lifestyle to provide cash-less cab rides.
- Metro Taxi operates clean-burning Compressed Natural Gas taxis.
- Metro Taxi is a Public Access CNG Provider, we have our own fueling station.