The Metro Taxi Community
Where We Are Now
Nightlife Taxi Stand Launches in Downtown New Haven: Metro Taxi Selected As Exclusive Cab Service at Crown Street Garage Taxi Stand
Park New Haven, which maintains and manages more than 8,000 public parking spots across seven garages and numerous surface facilities in Downtown New Haven, together with Metro Taxi and the Town Green Special Services District, is pleased to announce the new Nightlife Taxi Stand a the Crown Street Garage in Downtown New Haven. Read more...
Thanksgiving Food Drive
Metro taxi is collecting non-perishable food items to donate to the CT Dept. of Veterans Affairs. Please bring donations to our headquarters or give them to your taxi driver! Please call 203-934-2096 Ext. 101 for more information. ThanksforGiving!
Download the NEW Metro Taxi App
Metro Taxi is Connecticut's first taxicab company to respond to popular demand cell phone trends with on-demand cab service by using customized mobile software that is facilitated by Metro Taxi CT's Global Positioning System (GPS).
Where We Are Going
Wheelchair-Accessible/CNG Taxi Service Initiative
Our goal is to provide equal-access transportation. That means new freedom for people with mobility disabilities 24/7. Metro Taxi Accessible Service has an extensive service area so Greater New Haven Transit District passengers will be able to travel beyond current GNHTD boundaries.
Technology Is Growing...
Our customers appreciate our backseat credit card touch-screen technology.
In fact, our Metro Taxi cash-less cab rides utilizing our suite of debit cards, as well as major credit cards, have increased more than 500 percent.
You don't need cash to take a Metro Taxi!
Where We've Been
Metro Taxi continues to play an active role in the many communities it serves by sponsoring neighborhood events, youth sports teams, holiday toy drives and supporting communities and educational initiatives. No different from our business hours, for us, the giving season is all year long; 24/7.
- Abilities Without Boundaries
- Albertus Magnus College
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- Americans with Disabilities Act Coalition of Connecticut
- Christian Community Action
- Bridgeport Rescue Mission
- Bridgeport's Veterans Support Center
- Community Health Network of Connecticut
- Columbus House
- Connecticut Folk Festival & Green Expo
- The Connecticut Food Bank
- Easter Seals Connecticut
- Farnam Neighborhood House, Inc.
- Fisher House
- Go Red for Women for the American Heart Association
- Greater New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade Committee
- Greater Bridgeport Transit
- Kennedy Center's Regional Mobility Management Project
- Liberty Community Service
- Mercy Center at Madison
- National Day of Giving for the Disaster Relief Fund
- New Haven Home Recovery
- New Haven Police Emerald Society
- Southern Connecticut State University
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure Connecticut
- The Spinal Cord Injury Association Connecticut Chapter
- St. Jude's Children's Hospital
- Tommy Fund
- University of New Haven
- VA Connecticut Healthcare System's West Haven campus
- The Wallingford Family YMCA/ Wint Filipek Sr. Memorial Tennis Tournament
- West Haven Seahawks Pop Warner Football
- Whittingham Cancer Center
- Workplace, Inc.
- Yale Gynecologic Oncology
Metro Taxi was once again proud to be a corporate sponsor of the 2013 St. Patrick's Day Parade.
Why Metro Taxi Is Rated "Best!"
- Metro Taxi has a values-based leadership ethic. We are business leaders and community contributors.
- Metro Taxi is Connecticut’s most technologically-advanced, reliable, full-service taxi company.
- Metro Taxi's same-digit phone numbers make it easy for customers to contact us whenever they need transportation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Metro Taxi's computer dispatch system uses GPS tracking, minimizing customer wait-times.
- Metro Taxi's Customer Service Department features a state-of-the-art telecommunications system to enhance communication between customers, service reps and drivers.
- Metro Taxi routinely checks weather and traffic conditions to inform our drivers of the safest and most direct routes.
- Metro Taxi is Connecticut’s first taxi company to use in-vehicle security cameras for passenger and driver safety.
- Metro Taxi operates wheelchair-accessible cabs to provide equal transportation access for all.
- Metro Taxi offers a suite of charge and debit cards for any transportation need or lifestyle to provide cash-less cab rides.
- Metro Taxi operates clean-burning Compressed Natural Gas taxis.
- Metro Taxi is a Public Access CNG provider, we have our own fueling station.