Metro Taxi Transportation for Special Needs Students
Metro Taxi accommodates a wide variety of student transportation and lifestyle needs, including the needs of individuals with disabilities. Metro Taxi transports special needs students who cannot ride the school bus and college and university students who may be on their own and away from their families.
Special and Behavioral Health Needs Students
Metro Taxi goes beyond traditional taxi cab service. Of Metro Taxi's 161-cab fleet, more than 40 vehicles are registered as Student Transportation Vehicles (STVs). Metro Taxi drivers, with additional licensure, transport special education students to their schools and after-school programs.
Our experienced drivers take pride in providing comfortable and safe transportation for the blind, hearing impaired, and customers with behavioral health needs. Metro Taxi currently contracts with educational institutions and local boards of education, among others.
For more information, please contact Student Transportation at (203) 934-2096 ext. 145.
Persons Using Wheelchairs & Scooters for Mobility
On the heels of newly-passed state legislation spearheaded by Metro Taxi, those who use wheelchairs and scooters for mobility will now have curb-to-curb, demand-response taxi cab service.
Metro Taxi Accessible Service is an Americans with Disability Act (ADA)-compliant van that is comfortable, spacious, and includes special locks to secure the passenger in his/her wheelchair. Metro Taxi Accessible Service is operated by Metro Taxi drivers who have additional training, and earn the company's requisite high customer service qualifications.
For service in Greater New Haven, just call (203) 777-7777 and request a Metro Taxi Accessible cab or visit the Metro Taxi Accessible Service section of this site for more information.
College and University Students
In partnership with The Governor's Prevention Partnership, a statewide public-private alliance co-chaired by Governor Dannel P. Malloy, Metro Taxi is offering students the URide Safe® Card. The no-cash, personal debit card can be used in any Metro Taxi, giving students access to safe, dependable transportation 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Students use the card when they are heading out for a night on the town, running errands, or needing a ride back to campus any time, day or night.
The URide® account is easily accessed and refreshed via our web site at URideSafeCard.com and enables students to manage their account online. It's also a great gift for parents or guardians to buy their college-bound loved ones to ensure they have safe, dependable transportation at a moments notice.
Why Metro Taxi Is Rated "Best!"
- Metro Taxi has a values-based leadership ethic. We are business leaders and community contributors.
- Metro Taxi is Connecticut’s most technologically-advanced, reliable, full-service taxi company.
- Metro Taxi's same-digit phone numbers make it easy for customers to contact us whenever they need transportation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Metro Taxi's computer dispatch system uses GPS tracking, minimizing customer wait-times.
- Metro Taxi's Customer Service Department features a state-of-the-art telecommunications system to enhance communication between customers, service reps and drivers.
- Metro Taxi routinely checks weather and traffic conditions to inform our drivers of the safest and most direct routes.
- Metro Taxi is Connecticut’s first taxi company to use in-vehicle security cameras for passenger and driver safety.
- Metro Taxi operates wheelchair-accessible cabs to provide equal transportation access for all.
- Metro Taxi offers a suite of charge and debit cards for any transportation need or lifestyle to provide cash-less cab rides.
- Metro Taxi operates clean-burning Compressed Natural Gas taxis.
- Metro Taxi is a Public Access CNG provider, we have our own fueling station.