Metro Taxi Rates
All Connecticut fares regulated by Department of Transportation
|METER DROP||$3.00 FIRST 1/9th MILE|
|TRAVEL||$0.30 EACH ADDITIONAL 1/9th MILE|
|WAITING TIME||$0.30 EACH ADDITIONAL 30 SECONDS OR $36.00 PER HOUR|
|The DOT gasoline surcharge has been suspended until gasoline exceeds $4.50 per gallon.|
The taxi meter is used for all jobs under fifteen (15) miles. If, however, the job is over 15 miles and entirely (both pick up and drop off) within our territory, it is still a metered rate.
Any Metro Taxi trip that is more than 15 miles long and either begins or ends outside of our licensed territory is calculated on a per mile basis. The mileage for all flat-rate trips within Connecticut is calculated using the Department of Transportation (DOT) mileage guide which assigns the specific distance between cities. Flat rates are available through our customer service representatives or the taxi driver.
When a taxi trip begins in our territory and ends outside of Connecticut, the rate of fare is not regulated by the Department of Transportation. The Flat rate can be arranged directly with your favorite driver or by contacting our customer service representatives. Metro staff will provide rate quotes based upon $2.75 per mile which most drivers will generally accept.
Metro Taxi's current flat-rate charge is $2.75 per mile.
|From The New Haven Area:||From The Bridgeport Area:|
|Bradley CT/MA Airport||$110.00||$150.00|
|Groton, CT Airport||$120.00||$160.00|
|JFK, NY Airport||$160.00||$148.00|
|LaGuardia, NY Airport||$160.00||$148.00|
|Newark, NJ Airport||$185.00||$165.00|
Call for rates from other towns to these destinations.
- Immediate service or make an advance reservation.
- Need additional space for luggage? Request a minivan.
- All taxi rates apply for up to four passengers; there is no additional cost for the second, third or fourth passengers.
Why Metro Taxi Is Rated "Best!"
- Metro Taxi has a values-based leadership ethic. We are business leaders and community contributors.
- Metro Taxi is Connecticut’s most technologically-advanced, reliable, full-service taxi company.
- Metro Taxi's same-digit phone numbers make it easy for customers to contact us whenever they need transportation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Metro Taxi's computer dispatch system uses GPS tracking, minimizing customer wait-times.
- Metro Taxi's Customer Service Department features a state-of-the-art telecommunications system to enhance communication between customers, service reps and drivers.
- Metro Taxi routinely checks weather and traffic conditions to inform our drivers of the safest and most direct routes.
- Metro Taxi is Connecticut’s first taxi company to use in-vehicle security cameras for passenger and driver safety.
- Metro Taxi operates wheelchair-accessible cabs to provide equal transportation access for all.
- Metro Taxi offers a suite of charge and debit cards for any transportation need or lifestyle to provide cash-less cab rides.
- Metro Taxi operates clean-burning Compressed Natural Gas taxis.
- Metro Taxi is a Public Access CNG provider, we have our own fueling station.